The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2012.Electronics and Communication Engineering is both a core subject and a swiftly advancing field, with new ideas emerging every day. From mobile phones to remote sensing, there are exciting avenues to explore. With technology becoming all pervasive in everyday life, opportunities for electronic engineers are plenty.
The department of Electronics & Communication Engineering has faculty members with a blend of youth and experience. Faculty members of this department have considerable academic, industrial and research experience. The department has specialists in the fields of Electronics, Communication Systems, VLSI Design, Wireless and Mobile Communication, Medical Electronics and in various other fields. The department is well known for imparting a strong theoretical and practical foundation in the subject. It has well equipped state of art laboratories. Power point presentations and regular assignments are used to in still in the student a thorough grasp of the fundamentals. With the support of faculty having industrial experience, students are familiarized with cutting edge research and industrial requirements. Besides strong academic inputs, the students are encouraged to do mini projects and gain hands on experience with the hardware and software tools. The department understands the needs of the industry and strives to produce quality engineers with professional orientation. The ambition of the department is to provide quality education and up to date information to the students, so that they find a place in the fast changing industry.
Seminars and Technical symposiums are conducted regularly to keep abreast with the latest trends in the industry. Technical exhibitions and workshops are also conducted to provide exposure into real time applications. Visits to industry and guest lectures by eminent professional from the industry add another dimension to the teaching learning experience. The department not only imparts training in technical skills, it also tries to cultivate ethical values among the students. Students are also encouraged to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities, which are so crucial in developing their soft skills and boosting confidence levels.
Professional Enhancement: To develop in the students the ability to acquire the knowledge of Mathematics, Science and engineering and apply it professionally with in realistic constrain such as economic, social, ethical, health, safety, manufacturability and sustainability with due ethical responsibility.
To provide ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems with hands on experience in various technologies using modern tools necessary for engineering practice to satisfy the need of society and industries.
To equip the students with the ability to design, experiment, analyze and interpret in their core applications through the multidisciplinary concepts and contemporary learning to build them into industries ready graduates.
To provide training, exposure and awareness on importance skill for better carrier and holistic personality development as well as professional attitude towards ethical issues, teamwork, multidisciplinary approach and capability to relate engineering issues to boarder social context.
To provide students with the academic environment and them aware of excellence, leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines and the life-long learning to become successful professional in Electronics and communication engineering.
The department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, abbreviated ECE, is offering an undergraduate engineering degree program since the establishment of the College in the year 2012 with a view to offer quality higher education to numerous worthy young fellows as well as to meet the huge demand of highly qualified specialists in this field.
|B. Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering||60||4 Years|
All the laboratories are equipped with the state of the art testing and measuring instruments. Thisincludes CRO, Function Generator, Storage Oscilloscope, LCR Bridge, Decade Boxes, MicrowaveTest Benches, Spectrum Analyzer and many more sophisticated types of equipment.
The Department has following Laboratories:
|Basic Electronics Lab|
|Analog & Digital Electronics Lab|
|Solid State Lab|
|Signal & System Lab|
|EM Theory & Tx Lines Lab|
An Educational Visit to “Birla Museum” on 12th February, 2017
Guest Lecture on "Recent Technological Development in TV Broadcasting Speaker: Mr.RajatBose, Deputy Director General, Doordarshan, “23rd February 2017.
Industrial Visit BSNL Data Center Visit on 25th February 2017
Industrial Visit Vizag Steel Plant Visit on 27th March-31st March 2017
An Industrial Visit to CESC, Budge BudgeThemral Power station Visit on 4th April 2017
Seminar on “Emerging Technology in Telecommunication”, Speaker: Prof. Bhaskar Gupta, ECE(JU),Prof. Jawad Siddiqui, Institute of Radio Physics & Electronics(CU),Mr. Kamal Agarwal, Dey. General Manager, ITPC BSNL, 20th April, 2017,
Guest Lecture on “Photonics in Present and Future Societies”, Prof (Dr.) P.K.Basu, Institute of Radio Physics & Electronics, 11th April, 2017.
One-Day Seminar on “IEEE MEMBERSHIP AWARNESS PROGRAM AND RESEARCH ORIENTED LEARNING APPROACH” , Speaker: Prof. (Dr.)Angsuman Sarkar, Secretary, IEEE EDS Kolkata,Prof. (Dr.)Atanu Kundu, Chair, IEEE EDS Kolkata,Prof. ManashChanda, Jt. Secretary, IEEE EDS Kolkata, 9th August, 2017.
Alumni Meet of ECE Departmental Reunion on 15th August, 2017
Guest Lecture on “What Industry Expects From Engineers”, Speaker: Mr.Amit Dutta, Director Konarenes Private Limited, 16th August, 2017.
Guest Lecture on “Active Function Circuit Design & Application”, Speaker: Dr. Mousiki Kar Senior Member IEEE Executive Committee, IEEE EDS Kolkata, 9th November, 2017.
A Work shop on “ROBOTICS”, 2016, in association with XESP, 11th-12th November.
Seminar on the topic “Emerging Field of Electronics & Communication Engineering”, Speakers: Prof(Dr.)DewakiNandanTiberwala(JU),Mr.GoutamGuha(BSNL)Prof(Dr.)Samir Kumar Pal(CU),Prof(Dr.)TirthankarDatta(MSIT), 19th January 2016.
Seminar on “Introduction to Microwave”, Speaker: Prof (Dr.)Monojit Mitra(IIEST), 16th February 2016.
Seminar on “Modern Trends in Indian Railways & its Communication Systems” , Speaker: Mr. Sukhen Deb (Chief signal & telecom Engineer(Planning),Eastern Railway ,Kolkata), 30th August 2016.
Seminar on “Antenna Without Tears”, Speaker: Mr. Debatosh Guha, (Ex Chairperson, IEEE-Kolkata, FNAE, FNASc), 20th September 2016.
Seminar on “"Emerging field of Electronics in Engineering and its Application in Modern Science", Speaker: Dr. Supratik Pal (Associate Professor, Physics and Applied Mathematics Unit ISI (Kolkata), Dr. Chandan Kumar Sarkar(Chair IEEE Calcutta Section, ECE, JU),Dr. Dipti Prasad Mukherjee (ECE, Comupter and Communication Science Division, ISI(Kolkata)), 20th October 2016.
Parent Teacher Meeting on 23/11/2016
1. “Phonon and alloy scattering limited electron mobility of direct gap Ge1?x Snx alloys”BratatiMukhopadhyay; P. K. Basu; Rikmantra Basu; Shyamal Mukhopadhyay
2. 6th International Conference on Computers and Devices for Communication (CODEC) Year: 2015Pages: 1 - 4, DOI: 10.1109/CODEC.2015.7893191IEEE Conference Publications. Aritra De,Dr.Tirthaknar Datta
3. D2C GA Approach, 'e2nc 2011 National Conference, Supreme Institute of Technology, Mankundu ECG Plotter using RFID, CIEM National Conference. Aritra De, Dr.Tirthaknar Datta
4. PC based wireless stepper motor control and by genetic algorithm optimize its distance and time, International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management, (ISSN 2319 –4847), Volume 1, Issue 2, October 2012. Aritra De,Dr.Tirthaknar Datta
5. Water Temperature Controller Using Micro-controller And Correction Using Fuzzy Logic, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, (ISSN 2250-2459), Volume 2, Issue 6, June 2012 Aritra De,Dr.Tirthaknar Datta
6. Fire Protection System Using RFID, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, (ISSN 2250-2459), Volume 2, Issue 7, July 2012 . Aritra De,Dr.Tirthaknar Datta
7. Laser Protection in Metro International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, (ISSN 2250-2459, ISO 9001:2008 Certified Journal), Volume 2, Issue 9, September 2012. Aritra De,Dr.Tirthaknar Datta
8. Life Saving from Fire using RFID technology, International journal of Research of Computer Application and Management, (ISSN 2231-1009) in volume 2 issue no (September 2012) . Aritra De,Dr.Tirthaknar Datta
9. RFID Model & Study its Performance, International Journal of Computer Application, (ISBN 973-93-80874-21-6) in May 2013 . Aritra De,Dr.Tirthaknar Datta
10. AritraDe,Dr.TirthankarDatta “Improving MIMO performance using Water-Filling Algorithm” on International Journal of engineering development and research (IJEDR). ISSN: 2321-9939,May 2016.
11. Dr.Biswarup Neogi,Mr.Sudipta Paul “ANALYTICAL STUDY AND OVERVIEW ON GLOVE BASED INDIAN SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETATION TECHNIQUE”, Proceeding of Michael Faraday IET International Summit(MFIIS)-2015,Kolkata, 12 – 13th September, 2015, ISBN: 978-1-78561-186-5(IEEE Xplore), vol. 2, pp. 313-318.
12. Dr.Biswarup Neogi,Mr.Sudipta Paul “AN APPROACH TOWARDS DACTYLOLOGY WITH MOTOR CONTROLLED ARTIFICIAL ARM”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE) ,ISSN(Print): 2320 – 3765, ISSN (Online): 2278 – 8875, vol. 3, iss. 8, pp. 11396- 11404, August 2014.
13. Applied Patent (Application No: 1278/KOL/2014, Dated 23 / 01 / 2015) for “MOBILE COMMUNICATION APPLICATION SYSTEM FOR DEAF MUTE” at Patent Office, Kolkata, Government of India. Dr.Biswarup Neogi,Mr.Sudipta Paul
14. Applied Patent (Application No: 201631017174A, Dated 24 / 06 / 2016) for “THOUGHT CONCENTRATION CONTROLLED DEXTEROUS PROSTHETIC ARM FOR HANDICAPPED.” at Patent Office, Kolkata, Government of India. Dr.Biswarup Neogi,Mr.Sudipta Paul
15. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “MIMO Ad-Hoc Networks-Mutual Information and Channel capacity”, Advances in Computer Science and Information Technology Volume 131 of the series Communications in Computer and Information Science,pp 217-224, 2009 Springer-Verlag.
16. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Analysis of Performance of MIMO Ad Hoc Network in Terms of Information Efficiency”, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Volume 338, pp 43-50,2015, Springer international publisher.
17. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Implementation of a new packet broadcasting algorithm for MIMO equipped Mobile ad hoc network”, I4C-2014, IEEE explore.
18. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Implementation of minimal loss algorithm in MIMO based mobile ad hoc network to find loss less route”, ICCACCS-2014, Springer.
19. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Calculation of MIMO channel impulse response for evaluation of propagation loss in combined terrain” accepted in ICIC2-2016, Springer.
20. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Optimization of Transmission Range for MIMO Ad hoc Network in Fading Environment” 1st National Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (NCPCC-2012) ,BBIT, pp 206-209, 2012.
21. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Implementing New Technologies in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network (MANET)”, National Conference on ‘Advancement in Information, Communication and Technology’. NCAICT, paper Id: P_NCAICT2011_024, 2011.
22. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “A Review on Recent Research on Multi Input Multi Output (MIMO) based Mobile ad hoc Network”, International Journal of Service Science, Management, Engineering, and Technology (IJSSMET), Vol5, Issue 3,pp 54-65,IGI-Global, USA, 2014.
23. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Propagation Analysis of Hybrid Model of MIMO Ad hoc Network and Implement Less Propagation Loss Algorithm to find the Minimum Loss Route”, accepted International Journal of Information and Communication Technology (IJICT), InderScience Publishers (In press), 2014.
24. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Secure Minimum Loss Route Selection of MIMO based MANET in combined (Indoor, Outdoor, and Forest) Terrain”, accepted International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms (IJAIP), InderScience Publishers (In press), 2016.
25. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Rough Set Based Ad Hoc Network: a Review”, International Journal of Service Science, Management, Engineering, and Technology (IJSSMET) Vol5, Issue 4, IGI-Global, USA, 2014.
26. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Implementing Packet Broadcasting Algorithm of MIMO BASED Mobile ADHOC Networks to Exploit Diversity”, International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA), Vol.6, No.2, AIRCC Publication, 2014.
27. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Analysis of Fading in MIMO based Mobile Ad-Hoc Network”, International Journal of Distributed and Parallel Systems (IJDPS), Vol.2, No.4, Academic and Industry Research Collaboration Center (AIRCC) Publication, 2011.
28. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Channel Characteristic Analysis of MIMO Based Mobile Ad hoc Network”, Accepted in International Journal of Wireless Communication and Networking (IJWCN), Research India
29. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Realization of Different Diversity Technique for MIMO Based Mobile Ad Hoc Network Using Space Time Block Codes”,International Journal of Computers & Technology, Volume 4 No. 2, pp 301-306,March-April, ISSN 2277-3061,Council for Innovative Research (CIR), 2013.
30. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Optimum Transmission Ranges of MIMO Equipped Mobile Ad Hoc Network in Presence of Fading”, International Journal of Computers & Technology (IJCT),Vol 10, No 5 ,pp 1585-1591, ISSN 2277-3061, Council for Innovative Research (CIR), 2013.
31. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Implementation of MIMO-OFDM system in Mobile AD-Hoc Networks”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) Vol. 1, Issue 3, pp.753-757 ISSN:2248-9622, www.ijera.com, 2011.
32. Swati Chowdhuri, Pranab Kumar Banerjee, Sheli Sinha Chaudhury “Algorithms for Cooperative Transmission in MIMO based Mobile Ad HocNetworks using broadcast in Opportunistic Large Arrays”, International Journal of Computers & Distributed Systems,Vol 1, No 2 ,pp 36-39, Council for Innovative Research (CIR), 2012.
Congratulation, Hia Ghosh for Started Research in University of Massachusetts